- 2021 Annual Sales: $12.5 million
- Location: Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
- Number of Employees: 37
- Residential vs. Commercial: 100% residential
- Areas of Business: Roofing, siding, window replacement and entry doors
- Types of Work: Renovation and repair/reroofing
- Certifications: CertainTeed Five-Star Green Contractor, VELUX Certified Installer, A+ Rating BBB, Angie's List Super Service Award, 2021 Best of Houzz and Inc. 5000 Company
- Company Strengths: Community engagement, social media, innovation and growth, diversity, company culture and competitive advantage
What Makes Them a Power Player
Competitive Advantage: RJW Exteriors dedicates itself to providing a white-glove experience not only for its customers but also for employees, vendors, business partners and the community at large. The company’s commitment to exceptional customer service begins with the initial consultation scheduling and continues far beyond project completion. RJW prides itself on open communication and complete transparency to provide clients with complete peace of mind.
“At RJW Exteriors, we are dedicated to providing a white-glove experience for our customers as well as our employees, vendors, business partners and community. Every team member is an ambassador of our core values, including honesty, integrity and exceptional customer service.”
—Robert Watts, president, RJW Exteriors
Company Culture: RJW Exteriors offers a training or shadowing program to onboard new employees and details processes and procedures to ensure consistency. Weekly or monthly company-wide meetings are held to provide a platform on which to discuss challenges and share ideas. RJW fosters a work environment that promotes innovation, communication and individual growth. Every team member serves as an ambassador of the company’s core values and service commitment to its customers.
Community Engagement: Along with making regular donations to local charities and community services, RJW provides company volunteer days and time off for employees who wish to donate time. The company recently partnered with Ginnie's House, a nonprofit children’s advocacy center located in Newton, New Jersey, and plans to continue working with local nonprofits serving the community.
Testimonial: “We couldn’t believe how fast they were able to replace our roof, and we even had a little unforeseen damage they needed to fix. They still had everything done within a day! They were extremely professional and did an amazing job. Anytime we have had to call, the person on the other end was polite and helpful! (It was an) all-around great experience!” —Kristin M., customer