NRCA awarded the Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards, Best of the Best Award, Gold Circle Awards and Student Competition winners.
Most Valuable Player Awards
In the Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards’ 22nd year, five winners were recognized for outstanding on-the-job performance and workmanship and other noteworthy contributions outside the workplace.
This year’s winners are:
- Terry Archer, foreman with Midland Engineering Co. Inc., South Bend, Indiana—Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship
- Darwin Carmody, foreman with R3NG LLC, Sheridan, Colorado—Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship
- Justin Clark, field worker with Flynn Midwest LP, Kansas City—Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship
- Dennis Dudek, superintendent with Tecta America Southeast LLC, Sanford, Florida —Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship; Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Workplace.
- Victorino Trujillo-Montez, field qorker with Antis Roofing & Waterproofing LLC, Irvine, California—Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship; Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Workplace.
Best of the Best Award
The MVP Program goes a step further with one of the MVP winners being named the Best of the Best winner. The Best of the Best award is an honor co-sponsored by OMG Roofing Products and Professional Roofing magazine.
Dudek was this year’s winner. He was described as an individual who always steps up and meets every challenge. He’s enthusiastic, kind, patient and inspiring to his coworkers and team. He is a natural leader who worked his way up the ranks and now serves as a production superintendent.
Gold Circle Award
The Roofing Alliance’s Gold Circle Program recognizes excellence in the roofing industry. Each year Roofing Alliance and NRCA members are encouraged to submit their best work to be eligible to win a Gold Circle award in the following two categories: Outstanding Workmanship and Innovative Solutions and Safety Preparedness and Performance. More than 100 winning companies have been recognized for their achievements since the award’s inception.
This year’s Gold Circle Award winner for Outstanding Workmanship is L.E. Schwartz & Son Inc., Macon, Georgia, for Agnes Scott College Main Hall, Decatur, GA.
The five finalist teams gave oral presentations as the final stage of the eighth annual Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition. This year, the teams are tasked with submitting a qualified bid package for reroofing the Four Points Sheraton Hotel on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. The oral presentation scores were combined with the teams’ written proposal scores to determine the winning team.
Texas A&M University was the winning school and Allie Stark from Clemson University was the Best Individual Presenter.
Charlie Raymond Award
NRCA presented its Charlie Raymond Award to GAF, Parsippany, N.J.
The Charlie Raymond Award is the most prestigious membership recruitment award NRCA bestows.
The award annually honors a member for extraordinary efforts to recruit new members to NRCA.
The Charlie Raymond Award is named for former NRCA President and J.A. Piper Award winner Charlie Raymond, who first became chairman of NRCA’s Membership Committee when the association had 328 members.
Raymond recruited the 1,000th member in 1973.